The recipe contains only 3 ingredients: flour water and salt. The yeast (starter) is harvested from the air. You will need starter prepared before the bread making. I began my starter about 10 days prior to my first bake.
- 300g wholemeal biodynamic spelt flour
- 300g white biodynamic spelt flour
- 500ml clean filtered chlorine free rainwater.
To this add 100g grams of starter and mix together and let sit for 20 mins. then add:
- 15g salt in 60 ml water, and stir in. The dough will be wet, almost but not quite soupy.
Leave the mix and gently fold every hour for 6 hours.
- tip the dough into a camp oven (with lid on) and put into cooker at 200° C
Check after 25 mins….it ought be be start to turn golden. Check again 15 mins later, then remove lid and allow some top heat for the last 5 mins.
Remove from oven and replace lid and allow to cool for 10 minutes in its cast iron oven. make sure the internal temp of the loaf reaches 200° C
Turn out and enjoy and enjoy the tastiness and crispness of your sourdough.