The recipe contains only 3 ingredients: flour water and salt. The yeast (starter) is harvested from the air. You will need starter prepared before the bread making. I began my starter about 10 days prior to my first bake.
- 300g wholemeal biodynamic spelt flour
- 300g white biodynamic spelt flour
- 440 ml clean filtered chlorine free rainwater.
To this add 100g grams of starter and mix together and let sit for 20 mins. then add:
- 15g salt in 60 ml water, and stir in. The dough will be wet, almost but not quite soupy. (firmer rather than soupier is betterer)
Leave the mix and gently fold every hour for 6 hours.
- tip the dough into a camp oven (with lid on) and put into cooker at 200° C
Check after 25 mins….it ought be be start to turn golden. Check again 15 mins later, then remove lid and allow some top heat for the last 5 mins.
Remove from oven and replace lid and allow to cool for 10 minutes in its cast iron oven. Use a thermometer and make sure the internal temp of the loaf reaches 100° C .
Turn out and enjoy and enjoy the tastiness and crispness of your sourdough.